AIRPLANES > TROJAN T28A, T28B/C, T28D Version 3.1 update Mar 2018
FlightSimStore Buy T-28D Buy T-28B&C Price $14.95 AUD each
Simmarket Buy T-28D Buy T-28B&C Price 11.50 EUR (w/o tax) each
PC Aviator USA Buy T-28D Buy T-28B&C Price $12.95 USD each
PC Aviator Australia Buy T-28D Buy T-28B&C Price $14.95 AUD each
Just Flight Buy T-28D Buy T-28B&C Price $12.95 USD each
FS PilotShop Buy T-28D Buy T-28B&C Price $12.95 USD each
DOWNLOAD the T-28A donationware version
The T-28 Trojan will never be a considered a beautiful aircraft like sleek piston powered fighters such as the Mustang and Spitfire. The aircraft was initially created as a two seat trainer for the US Air Force with the first aircraft flying in 1949. The aircraft had a short production run with the last new T-28 delivered in 1958.
The original A model had a miserly 800 horsepower, 7 cylinder radial engine and a two bladed prop. The Navy became interested in the aircraft and ordered 491 B models which had the considerably more powerful 1425 horsepower Wright Cyclone R-1820-86 9 cylinder engine. The C model followed a few years later and this was modified with a tail hook for carrier operation. A shorter prop was installed on the C to prevent prop strike. Some of the original A models were modified with a larger engine and became the D model. These D models saw combat in various regions around the world.
Typical cruise speeds for the T-28D are 180 to 200 kts with 30 in Hg of manifold pressure and 2000 rpm. Climb rates can approach 4000 fpm.
This aircraft is based upon the T-28D “Huff ‘n’ Puff” from Warbird Aviation at Archerfield http://www.warbirdaviation.com.au
The T-28 is available as two packages. The initial package was for the T-28D only. The second package is for the T-28B and T-28C (the Navy versions).
The installer for T28 will come as a zip package. It will contain two installer programs and a read me file. Please run both installer programs (the second one contains the models for the bomb and rockets weapons).
T-28A DONATIONWARE and DEMO VERSION
This aircraft is released as donationware. If you enjoy the aircraft then why not make a donation to www.aussiex.org or www.sim-outhouse.com to help these valuable websites cover their costs? It is recommended that anyone interested in buying the T-28B/C package or the T-28D package download the T-28A to see how well it performs on their system.
DIFFERENCES BETWEEN T-28A, T-28D and T-28B/C
If you require more power (1425hp vs 800hp) than the T-28A then Ant’s Airplanes sells two T-28 packages, the original T-28D package and the T-28B/C package. You can buy one or both of these packages. The following is a list of the main differences between the T-28A/B/C and D:
- B/C and D has 1425 hp engine vs 800hp in the A model
- B/C and D have 3 bladed prop vs 2 bladed in A model
- B/C and D have a lower profile canopy
- B/C and D have 6 weapon stations vs 2 in the A model
- B/C and D available as payware only vs A available as donationware
- B/C has a different panel layout with the location of many instruments changed
- B/C has a different attitude indicator, airspeed, manifold pressure and engine rpm gauges
- B/C has different cockpit and gauge lighting
- B/C has different switch panel and exterior lighting system
- B/C have a speed brake
- C model has a tailhook for carrier operations
- B/C has US Navy and Marines repaints, the D has Air Force, Fennec and COIN repaints, the A has US Air Force repaints
- Native FSX model
- Incredibly detailed model with full animations and completely clickable virtual cockpit
- Silky smooth 3D gauges
- Weapons systems which includes guns and launchable bombs and rockets.
- Three different models. DUAL model contains front and rear cockpits. SOLO model contains front cockpit only for better framerates. ATTACK model is the same as the SOLO model but with 6 weapons stations, armament panel and gun sight
- Lovely 3D style landing lights
- Fully adjustable interior panel lighting with individually switchable lights and intensity
- Original period radio sets (modern transponder and autopilot available as 2D popups only)
- 10 liveries (D package), 8 liveries (B/C package)
- Genuine thumping radial engine sounds
- Open canopy wind noise
- Individual noises for switches knobs etc.
- Custom engine start routine for realistic engine starts (auto start also available)
- Two-speed supercharger correctly modelled
- Animations for wheel chocks and pitot tube covers
- Animated pilot and passenger models which can be displayed or hidden
- Virtual cockpit rain, icing and fogging effects
- Exterior model structural icing effects
- Realistic Prop Torque Effect for better flight dynamics
- Wear and Tear modelling to simulate engine damage
- In game Animation Manager for setting program preferences, weights, fuel and checklists
T-28 VERSION 3.00
Released in Dec 2017 this update adds the following features:
- VRS TacPack compatibility for the Attack model. Note that VRS TacPack is a 3rd party add-on and not included with the Trojan. Also note that at the moment TacPack is only compatible with FSX and P3Dv3 or earlier (VRS TacPack website). Also note that at the moment the bomb used is the 500lb bomb as there is currently not a 100lb bomb in TacPack.
- New custom sound system for more accurate engine sounds and more user control. The user can choose to blend exterior sounds with the interior sounds
- Improved Animation Manager with new systems section
- Larger mouse clickspot areas and improved click behaviour
- Middle mouse click on any control to open the Animation Manager to a page describing that control
- New camera system improves external inspection. It also allows the user to set a custom eyepoint and zoom position. The user can also choose to fly from the rear seat in the dual cockpit model
- Improved engine auto start routine
- Improved and simpler handling of the throttle, mixture and prop controls inputs
- Added option to always load the aircraft in a cold and dark state
- Changed method of saving aircraft wear and tear data
- Added additional key commands to control carburetor air control
- Added option to set a joystick button as the fire button in Attack model
- Added push back mode for moving the aircraft while on the ground with engine off
- More accurate fuel consumption rates
- Changed T28C stall warning to right pedal shaker
- Improved engine pressure and temperature modelling
- Fixed issue with FSX:Steam Edition where bloom effect was causing black squares in the Attack model.
- Fixed issue with MP display at high altitudes
- Improved shared cockpit compatibility
- Added 2D popup for rear radios in dual cockpit version
- Microsoft's Flight Simulator X SP2, Acceleration or FSX Gold or FSX:Steam Edition or Lockheed Martin Prepar3D v1 to v4
- Windows XP SP3, Vista or 7
- Hard drive space: Approx 350MB for A model, 770MB for B/C models, 570MB for D model
This is an addon aircraft for Microsoft’s Flight Simulator X SP2, FSX:Steam Edition or Lockheed Martin’s Prepar3D V2 or higher. You therefore need either Microsoft's Flight Simulator X with Service Pack 2, Acceleration or FSX Gold (which includes Acceleration) or FSX:Steam Edition or Prepar3D V2 or higher. The aircraft will not work with FSX RTM or SP1.
The installer for the T-28 contains the FSX and P3D V2 versions. The Prepar3D V2 version of the T-28 is NOT compatible with FSX or Prepar3D V1.4 or earlier.
The Trojan is a considerably detailed aircraft and therefore places a large load on your computer. I can only recommend that you download the T28A version to test the performance of the T-28 on your sytem. The T-28A includes the Solo and Attack versions only but it will give a very good indication of how well the T-28B/C and T-28D versions will work on your system.
Click here to DOWNLOAD the T28B/C Paintkit (195MB Files are in photoshop PSD format)
Click here to DOWNLOAD the T28A Paintkit (258MB Files are in photoshop PSD format)
Click here to DOWNLOAD the T28D Paintkit (183MB Files are in photoshop PSD format)
BOMBS AND ROCKETS PACK AGE
This package contains the AI bombs and rockets of the T-28 weapons systems. Players who do not own the T-28 but fly in multiplayer sessions can download this package to avoid having their friends bombs and rockets replaced by less appropriate models.
Click here to DOWNLOAD the T-28 Bombs and rockets package.
SCREENSHOTS AND VIDEOS
All screenshots are high resolution (largest is 1920 pixels wide) and unedited except for cropping. Screenshots will open in a new browser window. First batch of screenshots feature the T-28D. Scroll down for T-28B/C screenshots.
Youtube T28B&C promo video
Youtube T28D promo video
Features the Navy T-28B/C model and also shows the weapons systems which have been added to the T-28D Version 2
TROJAN T28 V3.10 Patch (Mar 2018)
3.10 PATCH for T28A (Download)
3.10 PATCH for T28B/C (Download)
3.10 PATCH for T28D (Download)
Version 3.10 should be available when you buy the full version. For users with version 3.xx you may install the patch to bring the Trojan up to date. The patches fix the following issues:
- Cold and dark on load setting wasn't being saved.
- Sound issue for users who install the T28B/C outside the P3Dv3 or P3Dv4 program folder and do not install to the default Prepar3D add-ons folder.
- Joystick and throttle lock not functioning correctly. Joystick lock is now set to on when cold and dark.
- tacpack.ini file missing in T28C attack model.
- Some files not being installed to correct locations for T28D P3Dv3 outside program folder option.
- Fixed 2D trim panel.
- Changes to the rate of spark plug fouling.
- Fixed engine surging issue when the sims Auto Mixture is set to on and in very cold temperatures.
- Fixed landing light splash not showing in B/C versions.
- Fixed engine start procedure, set mixture to idle cutoff until engine starts then move to full rich